Friday, July 11, 2008

good weekend

The 4th of July weekend was just what we needed. It was so relaxing and just a wonderful 3 days. First of all, that whole insurance mess is finally cleared up and the old insurance guy mailed me my $50 back right away - he must have decided he wanted to get rid of me and quickly. So the new insurance place got in touch with the bank and all is well..phew. The whole Chris situation is still lingering, however, I am somewhat at peace with the whole thing. I guess the whole time I pretty much "knew" he should be paying child support, but I was always too afraid to actually do it, so on some level I am hoping that this is the right thing to have had happen. I still am scared, but will actually feel a weight off of my shoulders after this is completed..the only thing I am next worried about is that he will come after custody. I dont' think he is man enough to do such a thing, but he could have a strong girlfriend who wants to fight or something, you just never know. I just have to play the waiting game and see. So we went up north to my aunt and uncle's on the 4th and it was beautiful weather, D and his daughter came too. D actually socialized with my family and they all got to know him better, it was so great. And he actually had a fun time. I took quite a few pictures. He got to ride the jet ski and his daughter loved swimming and the jet ski also. We also went on the boat for a ride and that was nice too. His daughter had never been on a boat so that was cool. L had fun, however she was not acting herself. D's daughter was playing with my cousin's child and so they were playing and not really including L, she was pretty much a loner all weekend and didn't want to do anything they did. She didn't even swim due to an incident with my dad where she ended up under the water and it scared her, so she wouldn't go in except to get some sand. I think she still had a good weekend, but just was very independant. D's daughter also ran over L's head with a power wheels gator toy. I saw the whole thing, but was too far away to save her. The outcome could have been much worse, but all that happened is she got a couple scratches and a nice goose egg. As for me, I layed out in the sun, got burned pretty badly, swam a little, and just relaxed. It was nice having D there to help me keep an eye on L. My mom also came up so she let D and I go out for a bike ride while she watched the girls, it was nice. They had fireworks on the water in the evening so we all sat out on the deck and watched. We stayed the next day too and left around dinner time. Got home and took a long nap until 8pm! Then got up and went down to see the huge city fireworks. We didn't get home until 11:30ish. L loved the fireworks though even though they were a bit loud for her. Stacie even came with us so that was nice having her around again. Oh and we got an elephant ear, YUM. I'm taking L to another fair this weekend just so I can get another elephant ear. D and I have been getting along since the trip up north, we kind of fought the morning before we left, but we just left everything behind us and really enjoyed eachother up north. I am going to attempt to post some pictures on here even though I not a clue how to do so. This week we've been getting along pretty good too. I am an emotional wreck lately though, I get so offended so easily and I know it's the hormones but it's scaring me that I may end up with a severe case of ppd and I really do not want that to happen, but if it does, it does and I'll just accept it and get on some medication. The baby is doing well! I had an appointment yesterday to kind of go over my birth plan and talk about any concerns I have had. The midwife did not seem all that concerned over any of my issues. I Asked yet again about the stenosis with my heart and she said they are just interested in checking it again after I deliver and the fact that I've already given birth once is fantastic, also they told me they are thinking it is now called something like re-gerge-not sure on the spelling, but that it is very very mild. They did say i have a lot of complications this pregnancy, but they are all minor and nothing to worry about. PHEW. Baby is very active and likes to kick me pretty much all day and sometimes at night. Hey maybe this means she will sleep all night? ha ha. L didn't sleep through the night until 13 months, so we'll see. I am getting very excited to meet this little one. I've been having dreams about her and the whole L&D thing. She is still very nameless..I just don't know!!! Every name I like ends up I don't like it after a couple days. I wish I could just find the perfect name, but I'm not really stressing because I'm sure once she is born something will come to me. I get to see her again in 2 weeks for an ultrasound, i'm psyched for that! Not psyched for the re-colp and re-pap that I have next week though, but happy they are checking me since I keep wondering what all this cramping is, even though the midwife explained they are all normal feelings, I still worry! The house is finally getting there, and is slowly becoming clean. Our yard? A completely different story, I'm ashamed of what it looks like...the weeds are unbearable and my dad even lectured D last night about it. So then this morning D says we need to get the weedwacker from my mom this weekend, I'm glad he is finally realizing that this stuff NEEDS to get done! ugh! Before he was saying things like, well it doesn't bother me at all so what's the point? Great attitude he has huh? I keep telling him I'm scared he's not going to help out with the baby. We'll see. He says he will, but who really knows. That will be the true test I guess. Housework, he does OK. Not very persistant. In fact, I was telling my dad how he cleans, but only when he wants to and he will let things go for quite a while. My dad said his girlfriend is the same way so he's started to just let things go as well..good advice dad, thanks, haha. I also wanted to be like, yeah well when I was nineteen I also wanted to let things go like that. But I couldn't bring myself to comment and just said that we are in similar situations then. Well let's hope this weekend goes good. No plans at all planned except I intend to take L to the fair. Probably some swimming at my moms house. She has her boyfriend coming in to town tonight. He also went up north with her last weekend. They fight all the time, but I'm glad she has somebody to share life experiences with. That's all from me for now.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Aww im so glad to hear you had a good weekend!! Love the pixs and that has got to be the cutest bathing suit and hat pix ever!!

-h