Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pipes do freeze

Okay, breathing is very important. I feel like I don't have time to do that anymore though. Between work and home, I am very stressed. We've had about 8 people quit in the past couple months so my caseload has tripled in size and I'm overworked and underpaid. Still searching for something else, but in the meantime I am here and very busy. Our system is down right now though so I thought I would find time to come type some feelings out since I can't work. Home has been pretty nuts. D lost his job. Got laid off. My dad is the one that had to do it. Our economy sucks. I don't think there is any dispute about that. So now I'm the only one working and that is a PITA. He filed for unemployment but he won't know anything until the 19th. Not sure if he plans on going and job searching for something else or what. The kids are still going to day care because honestly I do not know if he could care for them by himself. Which is sad. Maybe 1, but I'm not even going to discuss that with him until the weekend. J had her 4 months appt yesterday and they didn't end up giving her the vaxes. She has been fighting a cough now since Saturday. I took her to the medexpress on Saturday and had to wait 75 minutes in the waiting room for them to tell me that it's just a virus and to wait it out. Then yesterday she had her pedi appt and they said it's pretty bad so no vaxes. So she goes back in a week. I think she is almost over it now, so hopefully she can get the vaxes next week. She has been starting the fussy time at night now. Around 7:30 she starts crying and I can't calm her down until around 10. She will eat and then cry. She's not hungry, she's not tired, sick she is just cranky it seems like. Last night D and i figured out if you put her in the bouncey seat and bounce her she will calm down a little. It's been tough because I can't get anything done at night since I need to be with her all evening. You would think D could do stuff for me, but that would be too simple. I'm really looking forward to next weekend when I have my surgery. Hard to believe I'm actually excited for surgery! I'm excited to get the time off from everything for a couple days, I think it will help me out, mentally. A mental break I suppose. This morning the pipes froze in the house and I still do not have water. I can not believe how hard life is with no water. We really take it for granted! Everything I went to do it seemed like needed water. Anyway. D is waiting for them to come and repair it as I type this. Hopefully it gets taken care of. blah. That's all for now.

No comments: