Tuesday, February 17, 2009

weekend recap

Well, I had my surgery on Friday. It went well. I got there at 6:30, they gave me some anti-nausea medicine. Then they gave me my IV. They wheeled me in to the operating room around 7:50AM and put a mask over my face, which I thought was just oxygen. Then they started strapping my wrists down and I looked over and that is the last thing I remember, the next thing I knew I woke up to the nurse saying it was all over...I had never had surgery before so it was all kinda a blur. I mean, I had my wisdom teeth pulled before but that was nothing like this! They lazered my cervix and took some biopsies so I will be getting the results back this week! The after was not as cool as I expected. The plan was for my dad to take L all weekend and then I was going to stay at my mom's house with J and my mom was going to take care of J and spoil me. Didn't really go like that. But oh well. I got to my mom's house after the surgery and slept for about 4 hours so that was nice. L and J were still at daycare. My dad picked L up and did end up taking her for the weekend. But D had A so I was still around everyone. I only stayed at my mom's house til Saturday. I wasn't comfortable sleeping at her house, so that was disappointing. My friend Bridget ended up coming up to see me at my moms' house and stayed the weekend with me. It was last minute and I couldn't really relax the way I anticipated because I felt like I needed to entertain her. D and I started fighting pretty much as soon as I got home on Saturday. Which, he didn't seem to notice, but, was Valentine's Day. The house smelled like smoke so I asked him if he smoked in the house while I was gone and he of course said no. Well, I go to the bathroom and find that he transferred the air purifier in to the bathroom. I called him in there and said, why did you lie about smoking in the house? So of course he flew off the handle and started bitching to me about bitching to him all the time. OH and he still denied smoking in the house. Then I went to L's room and it smelled so bad like poop in there. Well, it ended up being her toilet and A had clogged it! It reeked so bad! So my friend Bridget ended up cleaning the bathroom for me because she said I didn't have time. How embarrassing, so I ended up giving her $20 for gas money to get back home for cleaning the bathroom. I really hate living with D. He pretty much makes me life miserable and right now I honestly feel trapped. I never did end up getting anything for Valentine's Day and I could have cried. I gave him a card at least. So I went shopping and spent a lot of money on my kids. Then Bridget and I went to dinner. What a romantic V-day it turned out to be! NOT! Sunday was no better. Surprise Suprise that A was in town. We fight every single time she is in town!!! So every other weekend. I don't get it and I can't decide if it's me or him. So anyway, Sunday I had J in the bedroom, yeah, I ended up taking care of J all weekend with no break. The only time I got to sleep was when she was still at daycare on Friday. typical I suppose. I had really bad cramps while recovering but no one seemed to care or even offer assistance, so I will whine here about that! Anyway, then Sunday I had J in bed and she was crying, nothing was soothing her. So D came in and asked what I did to her. So I said shut up and he said, don't tell me to shut up and he slammed the bathroom door! So then later he asked if I was still being crabby and I said yeah, and he asked why and I said because you are being a dick to me. And he asked how he's being a dick and I mentioned how he came in the bedroom and asked what I did to J and he said he never said that!!! ugh. How stupid! Of course as soon as A got picked up on Sunday everything went back to normal. How can a 6 year old put our relationship on ice every single time her presence is around! I just do not get it! It's almost like D changes when she is around, I guess that could be possible? Or I just put out bad vibes when she is around? Who knows. We do fight entirely too much though. He always makes up for our fights though. I actually caught him folding laundry yesterday which was the first time I ever witnessed him doing that! He's been super nice now the past couple days. Maybe he feels guilty or bad? But he wouldn't tell me if he did. The guy can not communicate. I sometimes feel trapped with him.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad surgery is over with! hang in there!
-h