Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Reflections on 26

Well let's see, I'm trying to think of things I accomplished last year. I moved out of my mother's house (yay!) and got settled in to my new apartment with L. I lost about 20+ lbs with a combonation of a strict diet and exercising at night after putting L to sleep. My friend Tina got married and I met D at her wedding. After being single for 2+years it was nice having someone there again. I got pregnant in December. Gained about 20lbs back now. and moved in to my new house with D and L. At least the weight will come off again and it's a little blessing the reason for my weight gain. But I would say I had a pretty damn good 26. I turned 27 yesterday and couldn't be happier! I had a very wonderful birthday. My dad came over after work and took me, L and D out to dinner at a steakhouse so that was good! He(my dad) brought me flowers in 2 pots for outside for my Mother's Day present and then a check for my birthday present, yay dad! Dinner was nice and then afterward Stacie came over and brought me a cake and a gift card to my favorite restaurant! Stacie and I are slowly reconnecting again and trying to keep the friendship in tact. I don't want to lose her, she's my only friend and she is a GREAT friend. She went to pick up our friend Mark from the airport last night. He goes to school at Gonzaga in Washington so it will be nice to have him home for the summer. Stacie didn't stay over too long and then I put L to sleep around 8:30 and went right to bed myself..so nothing too exciting but it was a special day. D got mad at me before bed because I wouldn't sleep with him. Heaven forbid I am tired and my back is killing me and it's not going to put me in the mood when you ask permission to do it. So he was pouting and I fell asleep. I don't care anymore. I guess my b-day could have ended a bit better, but oh well, no complaints. Today he just said that I get mad if he doesn't ask permission so he's not sure what he's supposed to do. Well, I wish I could have had the guts to say, just leave me the hell alone, but I just said well why don't we just comprimise. And I left it at that. He's grumpy though I know that much. He spilled something on the sheets I had just washed over the weekend and he hasn't rewashed them yet, i'm wondering how long it's going to take. I fear it is chocolate milk and is going to stink, but I refuse to rewash them when I just did it. he can do it. i'm just sick of being pregnant already I realized. I hate how he thinks pregnancy is like a walk in the park and I still should be able to do everything that I was before. Maybe I'm getting too dependant on him? But I hate cleaning up after him and so I have to ask him to do things all the time I feel like. I feel like if I don't then it won't get done. and I'm not about to clean up his mess. ugh. Ok I kind of went off on a tangent for a minute there but I'm just frusterated with the living situation right now I think. It's an adjustment to say the least. This Friday is my Boss' retirement party so my mom I think is going to babysit. Oh we are going to my mom's house tonight also to get my birthday present and so she can see L. So the retirement party is at 6PM so I'm just going to stay around work since it's at a restaurant near work. So my mom will pick L up from daycare. Then Saturday is buying flowers day and also helping mom out with the garage sale day. Saturday night I think D is having his aunt and uncle over to see the new place and we are grilling hotdogs so that will be nice. I have a jam packed weekend already it feels like. That rarely happens. We are moving at work. We are now moving upstairs to the new area and I couldn't be happier. Maybe we will actually have windows and this job won't feel like a prison. I'm pretty sure I will still be in a cubicle but at least if I stand up maybe I can see out a window! I'm just excited about a change I guess and having something new to look forward to. A new home.

No comments: