Tuesday, June 23, 2009

updates

Just want to update on the hearing with Chris and all the bullshit to follow. He showed up. Of course he did! He requested that his child support be reduced because he quit his job so he could go and get his GED in PA. WTF? I wish I could quit my job and go to school, but guess what? I can't because I need to actually support my kids. Not to mention a LOT of my clients work 40 hours during the week and then surprise! go to school in the evenings! It can be done! What a loser that he quit his job to do that. Then in his letter he put that he needs money for traveling back and forth to MI to see his daughter. Whatever, he hasn't even seen her since March and hasn't even contacted us since then either. Anyway, so I brought this all up to the lady conducting the hearing(not sure of her title, but I guess judge will do). I was on the phone for the hearing, because I requested that I do not miss any more work time for hearings since ya know, I am actually working. Oh, and not to mention also the fact that he hasn't even been paying child support for 1 year..it will be 1 year in Sept. and it was court ordered! If it hadn't been court ordered Chris would still have not paid me one cent. One little cool thing in regards to all of this is that I did receive all of his income tax money. That was a happy day. I bought L some more clothes and put $1000 in her bank account for college. I'm sure he was thrilled about that, and I'm sure that is what prompted him to write the court for a decrease in the support he is not paying me. I mentioned most of these things in the hearing. Especially about the fact that he hadn't paid me a cent for the first 3 years of her life and now he wants it reduced? The judge wanted to reduce it by more than half! Said that is what he can afford. It would have been $100/month if I would have agreed to that. Oh wow, a whole $100/month? Thanks! I respectfully objected and so Chris stated he wanted a date with a judge so now we will go in August before an actual judge to dispute this. I wonder if the judge will side with Chris. God I hope not. I have all my ducks in a row though so I really hope he sees my points. Anyway, so then a few days later I get a phone call from Chris. uhh yeah I want to see L today or tomorrow. I say, well I will be out of town this weekend, but tonight L will be with my dad maybe we can do something. Uh no I don't want to deal with you dad I would rather deal with you. Ok well then you are going to have to call me more in advanced notice because I go out of town a lot in the summer so I need to know in advance. Well, call me on Sunday and let me know if I can see her. No, why don't you call me, this is not on me nor my responsibility. It is too on you too, this works both ways you know? No I don't know, please explain how it's my resonsibility to set a time up betweeen you and L? You can call me. Okay if that's how you want to play it then fine, I will call you. hmm I never got a call. Typical I guess. Anyway, D is still in my house and I very much am patiently waiting for him to leave. I want my house back and this is not fair that he is being a slug and not moving out. I hate it. I am going to end up having to take it to the courts to have him evicted and I really do not want to go that route. I am staying with my mom right now because he has his daughter for 2 weeks and his sister because his sister is babysitting A for the full two weeks. I am at my wits end. He is staying in my house with all of his family something is not right with that picture. It's MY house. I own it. I want it back!!!!!!!! I want him and his shit out. NOW! He still thinks that we are going to miraculously get back together. He doesn't realize that I am totally over him and the whole relationship. He keeps saying shit like, I can't believe you want your family tore apart, and how can you be so selfish and you are just like every other woman taking the easy way out..blah blah blah. I'm really sick of dealing with it all. I just want it to go away. I want him to go away. I can't even say it enough. One day I will have peace. I hope. There is so much more, but I'm stressed out now.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you to step up in court and to chris, now you just have to do it to D. Good luck!
-h

Kim said...

Stand strong Jill - you should tell D to hit the skids - he needs to grow up and you need to give you and L a place that is YOURS!! Hang in there - this will all pass!!